So you want to write a guest post for the Home Exchange Expert blog. That’s just grand!
These submission guidelines will help you get started:
I generally meet my guest bloggers on Twitter or Facebook. Strike up a conversation with me there. Let’s get to know one another first. Send me a DM on Twitter or write on my FB wall if you’re interested. (You may as well Like me while you’re there.)
I’m the Home Exchange Expert so, yes, I like posts to be about preparing for travel, where to travel, or how to travel better. A cool home swap story is most welcome. I don’t want posts about hotels because, well, I’m the Home Exchange Expert.
- Posts should be between 300 – 600 words.
- A previously published post is fine, but change-up the title and first paragraph.
- Speaking of the title, make sure it’s creative. The headline determines whether someone reads the post.
- I hope I don’t need to say this but, make sure you’ve put your copy through the grammar and spell check ringer.
- The tone of your submission should be professional yet friendly.
- The post should educate, entertain or empower.
- Please don’t be offended if I suggest changes.
- Include a 2-3 line “Author Bio.” You may include a link to your website.
- Short paragraphs are easy on the eyes. People like reading copy when it’s cut into chunks, just like with a pineapple.
- I heart sub-heads. Every couple of paragraphs include a small headline to break up the copy.
- I’m sure there is a study somewhere that shows that posts with bullet points are the most popular.
- Yes! Two to three photos per post.
- Use your own photos if possible, or give image credit below the photograph. The photo must be legal to use.
- Include a caption if the photo requires explanation or information.
Promote, Promote, Promote
You probably don’t know this, but my minor in college was public relations. I firmly believe in the power of promotion. If your post does appear on my blog I ask, no, I insist that you tell your FB fans, your Twitter followers, your Linkin connections, you get the idea. Be sure to include a link directly to your post.
Thank you for helping spread the word about the joys of travel.
Home Exchange Expert